Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NFL
• The Seahawks beat the Eagles on Monday Night Football, 42-0, despite gaining only 194 yards on offense. It was the largest margin of victory in NFL history by a team with fewer than 200 yards of total offense. The previous largest margin was 36 points by the New York Giants in a 36-0 shutout over the Washington Redskins almost exactly 67 years ago, on December 4, 1938. The Giants gained only 160 yards that day.
The Seahawks' 194 yards were the second-fewest for a team that scored at least 40 points. On October 2, 1966, the St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Eagles at Franklin Field in Philadelphia, 41-10, on only 147 yards of total offense.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM