Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Seahawks beat the Eagles on Monday Night Football, 42-0, despite gaining only 194 yards on offense. It was the largest margin of victory in NFL history by a team with fewer than 200 yards of total offense. The previous largest margin was 36 points by the New York Giants in a 36-0 shutout over the Washington Redskins almost exactly 67 years ago, on December 4, 1938. The Giants gained only 160 yards that day.
The Seahawks' 194 yards were the second-fewest for a team that scored at least 40 points. On October 2, 1966, the St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Eagles at Franklin Field in Philadelphia, 41-10, on only 147 yards of total offense.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Hibbert: Should have pushed to be on floor
- Sources: Nets contacted Celtics about Rivers
- Pacers' Hibbert accuses Battier of 'dirty' play
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011