Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Pistons defeated the Knicks on Friday, 106-98. It was the 19th consecutive meeting in which Detroit held New York to fewer than 100 points, tied for the third-longest current streak of that kind in the NBA. The Spurs have held the Jazz under 100 points in their last 26 meetings; the Pistons have a 20-game streak against the Pacers. There are two other 19-game streaks: the Trail Blazers against the Jazz and the Pacers against the Nuggets.
• Richard Hamilton scored 40 points in the Pistons' win, snapping a streak of 160 regular-season games in which no Detroit player reached the 40-point mark. The last to do so was Hamilton when he scored 44 against the Cavaliers on Nov. 28, 2003. Three teams have longer current streaks: the Grizzlies (460), Jazz (198), and Hornets (189).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Clips send Warriors to another Staples loss
- G-State's Green: 'We were too nice' vs. Clips
- LeBron gets standing ovation in Miami return
- Kobe misses 2nd game in row, cites 'old age'