Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Marco Sturm scored 77 seconds into the Bruins' 3-0 win over the Senators on Thursday night. Sturm's goal was the fastest in team history by a player making his debut for the Bruins.
• Dany Heatley's season-long point-scoring streak was stopped at 22 games in the Senators' loss, one game short of the NHL record from the start of a player's tenure with a team. Wayne Gretzky set that mark by scoring in his first 23 games for the Kings (1988).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Bumgarner earns MVP after five-inning save
- RG III to start against Vikings, sources say
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- A-Rod eligible for Yanks as suspension ends