Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Marco Sturm scored 77 seconds into the Bruins' 3-0 win over the Senators on Thursday night. Sturm's goal was the fastest in team history by a player making his debut for the Bruins.
• Dany Heatley's season-long point-scoring streak was stopped at 22 games in the Senators' loss, one game short of the NHL record from the start of a player's tenure with a team. Wayne Gretzky set that mark by scoring in his first 23 games for the Kings (1988).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Source: Shanahan was ready to quit in '12
- Michigan St. topples Ohio St. to win Big Ten
- Winston stars as No. 1 Noles rough up Duke
- Auburn tops Mizzou in shootout, wins SEC title