Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Andre Iguodala led the 76ers with four assists on Tuesday night, ending an NBA-record streak. Allen Iverson led Philadelphia in points and assists in each of the team's first 14 games of the season, the longest streak to begin a season for any player in NBA history. The old record was 13 straight games by Oscar Robertson for the 1962-63 Cincinnati Royals.
• Iverson played 44 minutes Tuesday night, even though the 76ers won by 24 points. It was the 18th time in his NBA career that A.I. played in a game that Philadelphia won by 24 or more points. In none of the other 17 games did he log as many as 44 minutes.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Browns suspend WR Gordon for season finale
- Police question Cubs' Castro about shooting
- No. 1 Wildcats use D to fend off No. 4 L'ville
- Sources: Ryan expects to be fired by Jets