Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Andre Iguodala led the 76ers with four assists on Tuesday night, ending an NBA-record streak. Allen Iverson led Philadelphia in points and assists in each of the team's first 14 games of the season, the longest streak to begin a season for any player in NBA history. The old record was 13 straight games by Oscar Robertson for the 1962-63 Cincinnati Royals.
• Iverson played 44 minutes Tuesday night, even though the 76ers won by 24 points. It was the 18th time in his NBA career that A.I. played in a game that Philadelphia won by 24 or more points. In none of the other 17 games did he log as many as 44 minutes.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Winston not charged in sexual assault case
- Mandela, 95, dies; brokered '10 World Cup
- Sources: Cano in Seattle for talks with M's
- Knicks end 9-game skid, drop Nets to 5-14