Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Allen Iverson scored 42 points and Andre Iguodala added a career-high 26 in Philadelphia's win in Toronto. Iguodala's 26 points were the most in a game by a Sixers' guard starting alongside Iverson since November 1999, when Larry Hughes scored 27 in a victory over Seattle. The last time the 76ers' "other" starting guard had more than 25 points in a game in which Iverson scored at least 40 was in April 1997, when Jerry Stackhouse scored 26 while Iverson had 44 points in a victory at Milwaukee.
• Kobe Bryant scored 42 points against the Knicks on Wednesday; it was the 33rd time that a player scored at least 40 points in a game against an NBA team coached by Larry Brown. Bryant, who had 44 points against Brown's Sixers in December 2002, is one six players to burn Brown's teams with a pair of 40-point performances. Kobe joined Clyde Drexler, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon and Dominique Wilkins.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Source: CB Davis gets $39M deal from Colts
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis