Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Allen Iverson scored 42 points and Andre Iguodala added a career-high 26 in Philadelphia's win in Toronto. Iguodala's 26 points were the most in a game by a Sixers' guard starting alongside Iverson since November 1999, when Larry Hughes scored 27 in a victory over Seattle. The last time the 76ers' "other" starting guard had more than 25 points in a game in which Iverson scored at least 40 was in April 1997, when Jerry Stackhouse scored 26 while Iverson had 44 points in a victory at Milwaukee.
• Kobe Bryant scored 42 points against the Knicks on Wednesday; it was the 33rd time that a player scored at least 40 points in a game against an NBA team coached by Larry Brown. Bryant, who had 44 points against Brown's Sixers in December 2002, is one six players to burn Brown's teams with a pair of 40-point performances. Kobe joined Clyde Drexler, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon and Dominique Wilkins.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Redskins to start McCoy at QB over RG III
- Jets give Smith nod at QB against Dolphins
- CFP: First four unchanged, but Ole Miss falls
- Red Sox officially unveil Sandoval, Ramirez