Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Dwight Howard had 21 points and 20 rebounds on Tuesday night. At the age of 19, he became the first player in NBA history to record a 20/20 before the age of 20. In fact, only three other players have ever done that before age 21: Joe Smith, Shaquille O'Neal and John Drew each did it at age 20.
• The Heat overcame a seven-point deficit with less than two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter and beat the Hornets in overtime, 109-102. It was the fourth time this season that an NBA team won a game after it trailed by at least seven points with less than two minutes remaining. Milwaukee (twice) and Chicago also have wins of that type. There were only seven such comeback wins in the NBA all of last season.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player