Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Kobe Bryant missed his first eight field-goal attempts in the Lakers' loss at Philadelphia. That was his worst start to a game since he missed his first 11 shots from the field on Nov. 19, 2004 at Phoenix. Kobe ended Friday night's game at 7-for-27 (.259), his third-lowest percentage in his NBA career in a game in which he took at least 25 shots. He was 8-for-31 (.258) on Dec. 12, 2000 vs. Milwaukee and 5-for-25 (.200) at Boston on April 5, 2002.
• San Antonio won in Boston, giving the Spurs their 16th consecutive win against the Celtics. That's the longest current winning streak for one NBA team against another. It's the second-longest winning streak in NBA history against the Celtics. The Knicks won 21 straight regular-season games against Boston, spanning April 1993 to January 1998.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Florida St., Auburn set for BCS title game
- Broncos' Prater sets record with 64-yard FG
- Source: Pats fear Gronkowski has torn ACL