Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Kobe Bryant missed his first eight field-goal attempts in the Lakers' loss at Philadelphia. That was his worst start to a game since he missed his first 11 shots from the field on Nov. 19, 2004 at Phoenix. Kobe ended Friday night's game at 7-for-27 (.259), his third-lowest percentage in his NBA career in a game in which he took at least 25 shots. He was 8-for-31 (.258) on Dec. 12, 2000 vs. Milwaukee and 5-for-25 (.200) at Boston on April 5, 2002.
• San Antonio won in Boston, giving the Spurs their 16th consecutive win against the Celtics. That's the longest current winning streak for one NBA team against another. It's the second-longest winning streak in NBA history against the Celtics. The Knicks won 21 straight regular-season games against Boston, spanning April 1993 to January 1998.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs cruise past Grizzlies to take Game 1
- LeBron to Vogel: 'We're not just another team'
- Cabrera hits 3 HRs, but Tigers lose in Texas
- Greening's goal in 2 OT leads Sens by Pens