Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NHL
• Dany Heatley extended his season-long point-scoring streak to 14 games with a pair of goals in the Senators' 5-2 win over the Bruins on Thursday night. Heatley has scored in all 14 Senators games this season, equaling the second-longest streak in NHL history from the start of a player's tenure with a team. Wayne Gretzky set the record by scoring in the Kings' first 23 games after he joined the team (1988). Two players besides Heatley had 14-game streaks: Carey Wilson for the Rangers in 1988 and Dmitri Kvartalnov for the Bruins in 1992.
• The Senators improved their record in the Northeast Division to 9-0 with their victory over the Bruins. Only two other NHL teams started a season with wins in each of their first nine intradivision games (since the 1974-75 season) or their first nine intraconference games (1967-68 to 1973-74): The Canadiens won their first 14 in 1975, and the Capitals won their first nine in 1991.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM