Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• If you thought that there was something unusual about the NBA standings the last couple mornings you were right. All five teams in the Central Division have a perfect winning percentage. Indiana and Milwaukee are 2-0; Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit are 1-0.
It's the first time in NBA history that every team in a division or conference played at least one game without a loss among them. It never happened in the NHL or Major League Baseball. The last time it happened in the NFL was after Week 1 in 2002, when all four AFC West teams won their season openers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Saints agree with S Byrd for $54M