Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• If you thought that there was something unusual about the NBA standings the last couple mornings you were right. All five teams in the Central Division have a perfect winning percentage. Indiana and Milwaukee are 2-0; Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit are 1-0.
It's the first time in NBA history that every team in a division or conference played at least one game without a loss among them. It never happened in the NHL or Major League Baseball. The last time it happened in the NFL was after Week 1 in 2002, when all four AFC West teams won their season openers.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Irving torches Blazers for 55, clutch 3 in win
- Grant, Notre Dame outduel Okafor, Duke
- Mavs' Parsons: Harden is MVP at this point
- Serena, Sharapova advance to Aussie final