Quick hitters from the sports world
This year's USC-UCLA game could turn out to be a classic rivalry shootout
Updated: November 14, 2012, 10:09 PM ETBy Steve Bisheff | WeAreSC
They're only college football opinions, but at least they're all mine: • Everyone has a favorite USC-UCLA game, but to me, the best of them all was the 1967 O.J. Simpson-Gary Beban game won by the Trojans, 21-20, and yes, I know that's going back a little. But it's true. All that game decided was the conference title, the Rose Bowl bid, the national championship and the Heisman Trophy. Other than that, nothing much was on the line.
• To this day, I've never seen another football game as intensely played from the opening kickoff to the final gun. It was simply a spectacular event.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Oklahoma St. limits QB Lunt's options
- For Irish, may be BCS or bust for bowl spot
- Saban: 'Devil' words 'terribly disappointing'
- Running back Richardson will leave Virginia