Quick hitters: No go for Chow here
Former Trojans offensive coordinator just wouldn't have fit wtih Lane Kiffin
Updated: September 8, 2011, 10:48 AM ETBy Steve Bisheff | We Are SC
They're only opinions, but at least they're all mine: • This isn't the way Mike Garrett dreamed it would be. When the former USC athletic director hired Lane Kiffin, he wanted Norm Chow and Ed Orgeron to be mainstays on the staff, the way they were under Pete Carroll. That seemed understandable.
• But earth to Mike: It was never going to happen. Kiffin wants to call his own plays, and Chow certainly wasn't coming back to the Trojans if he wasn't in charge of the offense. That's why Chow will be calling the plays for Utah on Saturday, and Kiffin and Orgeron will be trying to out-point him on the other sideline at the Coliseum.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lunt: Gundy lifted restrictions, but too late
- Ex-PSU players support Paternos' lawsuit
- Navy to charge football players in rape case
- Manziel 'can't wait to leave' College Station