New guards had rough go in opener
Analysis: Galten, Martinez struggled with assignments in zone-blocking run scheme
Updated: September 6, 2011, 2:10 PM ETBy Kyle Williams | We Are SC
The Trojans' offensive line was the big question mark going into last Saturday's game against visiting Minnesota. With the dust now settled, we can take a look back and see just how the play of the line impacted the outcome of the game. The USC game plan was focused on passing, and the first play of the game basically summed up how the Trojans hoped to move the ball. Designed to be a run play, QB Matt Barkley saw the "off" coverage on WR Robert Woods and abandoned the run to get the ball quickly to his wide-open receiver.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Source: Cardinals get Lackey from Red Sox
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey