USC needs on-campus stadium
School should leave politics, Coliseum behind for new on-campus facility
Updated: May 11, 2012, 1:08 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- After reading about the latest civic jockeying between the top political representatives from Sacramento, the Coliseum Commission and the University of Southern California, it seems to me that the time has come for the university to consider building its own football stadium on campus and bidding adieu to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. And while they're at it, the Trojans should finally tell all the political participants to take their agendas and power plays and go find another game of goofiness. Before you outright dismiss this idea, consider some recent Los Angeles stadium history.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com