The perfect label
USC's colorful football history has been filled with equally colorful nicknames
Updated: April 22, 2012, 7:38 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
LOS ANGELES -- Nicknames are such a large part of college football lore. The Galloping Ghost, The Four Horsemen, Crazylegs, Old Number 98, The Kansas Comet, The Bear, The Throwin' Samoan, and Prime Time. Recognize Red Grange, the foursome of Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden, Elroy Hirsch, Tom Harmon, Gale Sayers, coach Paul Bryant, Jack Thompson, and Deion Sanders?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Clips' Barnes fined, blames Suns owner in rant
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Usc Trojans #1 Cardinal Football Game Jersey