The perfect label
USC's colorful football history has been filled with equally colorful nicknames
Updated: April 22, 2012, 7:38 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
LOS ANGELES -- Nicknames are such a large part of college football lore. The Galloping Ghost, The Four Horsemen, Crazylegs, Old Number 98, The Kansas Comet, The Bear, The Throwin' Samoan, and Prime Time. Recognize Red Grange, the foursome of Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden, Elroy Hirsch, Tom Harmon, Gale Sayers, coach Paul Bryant, Jack Thompson, and Deion Sanders?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Coach K says ACC bubble teams are better
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Gerrard, Liverpool maul Man United
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey