South to get an overhaul
Arizona, ASU and UCLA looking to make coaching splashes to keep up with Trojans
Updated: December 2, 2011, 10:38 AM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- While Lane Kiffin and his USC Trojans staff attempt to rebuild the original Pete Carroll recruiting fence around the state of California and capitalize on their 10-win season nationally, Arizona, Arizona State and UCLA aren't wasting any time trying to lure the best coaches possible to turn their programs around and close the talent gap with the surging Trojans. The riches of USC's 10-win season and the subsequent afterglow heading into the heart of the recruiting season can't be underestimated, and the timing apparently couldn't have come at a more critical period of time, especially as the coaching landscape of half the Pac-12 South Division teams appears headed for a potentially supercharged makeover.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arizona Wildcats Tailgater Junior-Size Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com