Quick hitters: Anything can happen
Memories of 2006 will keep Trojans from being cocky this weekend against UCLA
Updated: November 23, 2011, 12:17 PM ETBy Steve Bisheff | We Are SC
- They're only opinions, but at least they're all mine: • When they say anything can happen in the USC-UCLA rivalry, they're not kidding. All you have to remember is 2006, when the heavily favored Trojans, poised to play in their third BCS title game in a row, were knocked out of it by an underachieving Bruins team, 13-9.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's UCLA Bruins Grey Tri-Blend Football T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com