In search of impact players
Trojans need to use the bye week to get more players to step things up
Updated: October 4, 2011, 10:34 AM ETBy Jeremy Hogue | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- Thank you, T.J. McDonald. Without the two interceptions, USC probably doesn't sit at 4-1 right now. And thank you, Robert Woods. Without you, I am quite sure USC wouldn't have that 4-1 record.
How many other Trojans could I say that about, though? Matt Barkley? Yes. Matt Kalil? Sure. Nick Perry? Probably. But when you think of great teams, teams that compete for conference championships, you always think of impact players across the board in every position grouping. So far this season, much like the last one, the Trojans are still waiting to see some additional names added to the list above.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com