In search of impact players
Trojans need to use the bye week to get more players to step things up
Updated: October 4, 2011, 10:34 AM ETBy Jeremy Hogue | We Are SC
LOS ANGELES -- Thank you, T.J. McDonald. Without the two interceptions, USC probably doesn't sit at 4-1 right now. And thank you, Robert Woods. Without you, I am quite sure USC wouldn't have that 4-1 record.
How many other Trojans could I say that about, though? Matt Barkley? Yes. Matt Kalil? Sure. Nick Perry? Probably. But when you think of great teams, teams that compete for conference championships, you always think of impact players across the board in every position grouping. So far this season, much like the last one, the Trojans are still waiting to see some additional names added to the list above.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Report: Allen leaning toward joining Cavaliers
- Man United crush Galaxy 7-0 in L.A. friendly
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey