Sophomore Max Tuerk is working hard to learn another new position
Updated: March 25, 2013, 1:15 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC
Cal Sport Media via AP ImagesSophomore Max Tuerk has started at guard and tackle for USC. Now he's learning to play center.LOS ANGELES -- It was the initial surprise of spring practice when the USC Trojans coaching staff decided to start sophomore-to-be Max Tuerk at center, a position he had never played in his life. So while spring vacation allowed most of Tuerk's teammates a chance to bolt to the various hotspots in Southern California, or simply return home to be with family and friends, Tuerk had other ideas, and it wasn't surfing, hiking or partying in Palm Springs.
To read more about Max Tuerk's position switch, become an ESPN Insider today.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans White #9 Football Game Jersey