Embracing the aggressive
New defensive coordinator Pendergast has Trojans attacking, not reacting
Updated: March 13, 2013, 10:45 AM ETBy Steve Bisheff | WeAreSC
LOS ANGELES -- The old Tampa 2 defense is resting in peace -- or should we say pieces? -- at USC this spring. In its place is a new, aggressive, blitzing scheme featuring a 5-2 alignment that so far, in the first week of practice, has been as refreshing as one of those cool breezes wafting in on a lazy March afternoon.
Get more college bowl opinions from Steve Bisheff.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Junior-Sized Tailgater Football