Changing the culture
Kiffin looks to turn momentum, but Polamalu firing raises questions
Updated: February 11, 2013, 1:20 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC
- It's the culture of USC football that could have as much impact on coach Lane Kiffin's future as next season's record. Just look around the country and see how many athletic directors refer to the phrase "changing the culture" when making a coaching transition. Coming off a disastrous 7-6 season and a roller-coaster 2013 recruiting cycle, it's not a reach to say that the culture of USC football is as low as it's been since the renowned Paul Hackett era. Under Kiffin, the current state of Trojans football is not just about winning and losing, but the overall enthusiasm, momentum and direction of the program.
To get Greg Katz's thoughts on the Trojans' 2013 recruiting class, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com