Sounds of silence
Many USC recruits have gone quiet in the week before signing day
Updated: January 31, 2013, 12:15 PM ETBy Blair Angulo | WeAreSC
The noise surrounding USC recruiting has gradually diminished, with a bevy of high-profile prospects breaking off communication in the final week before national signing day. Uncertainty has clouded a recruiting class that not long ago was ranked No. 1 nationally.
The overwhelming silence might be a calm moment before the storm. USC fans surely hope that's the case. Or the lull might only be an indication of greater trouble to come on Feb. 6.
Dave HookerWill No. 14 recruit Jalen Ramsey still be holding up a USC jersey come signing day?
To get Blair Angulo's take on what the silence from top USC targets means, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Seahawks CB Lane leaves for arm after INT
- Super Bowl XLIX tickets most expensive ever
- Seahawks SS Chancellor wearing knee brace
- NBA commish favors larger All-Star rosters
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Usc Trojans Mini Rubber Football