Tide offer reminder of USC past
The Trojans need to look to their past in order to rebuild their present
While watching Alabama's recent demolition of Notre Dame in the BCS Championship Game, I was struck by just how much the Crimson Tide resembled those legendary USC Trojans teams of John McKay and John Robinson, which featured a powerful running game, surgical passing strikes, and a big, fast, physical defense.
In fact, as Alabama's beatdown of the Fighting Irish continued throughout the game, the only difference between the Trojans' legendary teams and Nick Saban's Crimson Tide seemed to be the shade of red in their respective uniforms -- cardinal as opposed to crimson.
For more USC Trojans recruiting news, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey