High noon in the Rose Bowl
Lane Kiffin squares off against UCLA in a showdown that could seal his fate
Updated: November 14, 2012, 10:43 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC
- Jeff Gross/Getty ImagesAs the 2012 season winds down, Lane Kiffin has started hearing whispers about his job security.LOS ANGELES -- How appropriate it is to have Saturday's crosstown rivalry between the USC Trojans and the UCLA Bruins kicking off at high noon in the Rose Bowl? Considering the importance of the game, the late Gary Cooper -- star of the famous 1952 movie "High Noon" -- probably would have loved the kickoff time. And in case you're not familiar with Cooper's role in this classic western, it tells the story of a town sheriff, Will Kane, who is forced to face a gang of evildoers by his lonesome.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Top of the World Men's UCLA Bruins True Blue Premium One-Fit Flex Hat
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com