Father knows best?
As USC's defense struggles, things become difficult for the Kiffins
Updated: November 7, 2012, 8:15 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC
LOS ANGELES -- The last thing USC Trojans defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin wanted to do was draw his son and boss, Lane, into the middle of a public maelstrom regarding the elder Kiffin's schemes in defending the vaunted spread option. It's not like the son doesn't have enough to deal with given the scrutiny that comes with being the Trojans' head coach and offensive play-caller. Although, it could be argued USC certainly has scored enough points -- including a season-high 51 against Oregon -- to win any game this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football