The standouts, surprises and areas of concern from USC's first half
Updated: October 17, 2012, 1:23 PM ETBy Garry Paskwietz | WeAreSC
- Steven Bisig/US PresswwireEveryone knew about USC's explosive offense coming into the season, but the Trojans ferocious defense has been a pleasant surprise.As the Trojans reach the midway point of the 2012 season, there have been plenty of expected and unexpected developments from the season. Here's a look at some of the top issues for the team: Overall
The Expected: USC came into the season with hopes of being one of the nation's elite teams.
The Unexpected: An early-season loss on the road to Stanford took away the thought of an undefeated season, but there are still opportunities for a conference title and, with a little help, a national title.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com