Calling the shots
Lane Kiffin has learned running USC's offense means inevitable criticism
Updated: October 7, 2012, 2:23 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
Kirby Lee/Image of Sport/US PRESSWIRELane Kiffin is the latest in a long line of USC playcallers to draw heavy criticism following losses.Over the years, one of the hottest of hot seats in college football is that of the offensive playcaller for USC. When you're calling the plays at a school that has produced 11 national championships, 37 conference championships, six Heisman Trophy winners and has gone to 46 bowl games, you're always going to be under a great deal of scrutiny.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike USC Trojans Mini Rubber Football