Stanford won the muscle war
It used to be USC that pushed opponents around. Not any more
Updated: September 17, 2012, 1:00 PM ETBy Steve Bisheff | WeAreSC
Outside the plush, new $70 million USC athletic facility named in his honor, there is a bronze statue of iconic coach John McKay in a contemplative pose, with his hand on his chin. If the statue were updated today, that same hand would be over his eyes.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Brees thinks he could play another 10 years
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-Shirt