Stanford won the muscle war
It used to be USC that pushed opponents around. Not any more
Updated: September 17, 2012, 1:00 PM ETBy Steve Bisheff | WeAreSC
Outside the plush, new $70 million USC athletic facility named in his honor, there is a bronze statue of iconic coach John McKay in a contemplative pose, with his hand on his chin. If the statue were updated today, that same hand would be over his eyes.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
- Smith finished with Panthers, agent says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Stanford Cardinal White Rose Bowl Bound Ice Full-Zip Jacket