Pac-12 rises to challenge
Trojans' easy road in conference suddenly looks much tougher
Updated: September 13, 2012, 4:48 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- It was generally assumed before the start of the 2012 season that the USC Trojans' schedule was tailor-made for a legitimate Pac-12 and national championship run. After all, the Trojans were a preseason No. 1 choice, and since last summer, football fans and experts have been salivating at the thought of that Nov. 3 game against the defending Pac-12 champion Oregon Ducks in the Coliseum. It was also assumed before the season that the Trojans, without breaking too much of a sweat, would overwhelm rebuilding Stanford and weak sisters Arizona, Arizona State and UCLA, the last three universities residing in the same Pac-12 South Division as the cardinal and gold.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Guard: Pistorius said everything was 'fine'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Cardinal Performance T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com