McKay was the man
A look at what made John McKay a USC icon and the quintessential Trojan
Updated: August 19, 2012, 9:35 PM ETBy Steve Bisheff | WeAreSC
- LOS ANGELES -- It seems only fitting, on the week the $70 million John McKay Center will be dedicated, to pause and offer some memories of the man behind the legend. As one of the few writers around who was fortunate enough to cover McKay during his glory years, it feels almost incumbent of me to answer the question most often asked by today's younger USC football fans:What was John McKay really like?[+] EnlargeDarryl Norenberg/US PRresswireJohn McKay's largesse on the field was only surpassed by his overwhelming personality off of it.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Cardinal Performance T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com