McKay was the man
A look at what made John McKay a USC icon and the quintessential Trojan
Updated: August 19, 2012, 9:35 PM ETBy Steve Bisheff | WeAreSC
LOS ANGELES -- It seems only fitting, on the week the $70 million John McKay Center will be dedicated, to pause and offer some memories of the man behind the legend. As one of the few writers around who was fortunate enough to cover McKay during his glory years, it feels almost incumbent of me to answer the question most often asked by today's younger USC football fans:
What was John McKay really like?
Darryl Norenberg/US PRresswireJohn McKay's largesse on the field was only surpassed by his overwhelming personality off of it.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Ohio State QB Miller out for season
- Browns coach not ready to pick starting QB
- Strasburg helps Nats run win streak to eight
- Pettine: Gordon's effort in loss disappointing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Usc Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo