Give the "Wild Bunch" love
Famed USC defensive line needs better tribute than the current small statue
Updated: July 13, 2012, 2:20 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- When I walk by the outside of Heritage Hall and see a statue that is best described as a "miniature" version of the larger-than-life original Wild Bunch, the Trojans' legendary defensive line, I unfortunately kind of shake my head and cringe. Don't get me wrong: I am sure the current statue of figurines was a well-intentioned showcase at the time for probably the most feared defensive line in the history of USC football, but the size of this tribute looks more like a salute to the defensive line of the Lilliputians in Gulliver's Travels.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com