Give the "Wild Bunch" love
Famed USC defensive line needs better tribute than the current small statue
Updated: July 13, 2012, 2:20 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
LOS ANGELES -- When I walk by the outside of Heritage Hall and see a statue that is best described as a "miniature" version of the larger-than-life original Wild Bunch, the Trojans' legendary defensive line, I unfortunately kind of shake my head and cringe. Don't get me wrong: I am sure the current statue of figurines was a well-intentioned showcase at the time for probably the most feared defensive line in the history of USC football, but the size of this tribute looks more like a salute to the defensive line of the Lilliputians in Gulliver's Travels.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults second-hand smoke
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike USC Trojans Mini Rubber Football