Current playoff not quite right
Four teams is a start, but an eight-team playoff would be much better
Updated: June 28, 2012, 8:54 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- It is done. Considering all that it took to get to this historic point and the previously ridiculous national excuses such as lost academic time and the wear and tear on players, the USC Trojans will be part of a new era of college football, as the BCS Presidential Oversight Committee officially approved the 2014 debut of college football's version of the final four. Given that things of great national importance move at a snail's pace in Washington, it seems an anomaly that college sports most cherished football moment was a one-day done deal in the nation's capital, a city renowned for governmental gridlock.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com