Trojans poised for playoff run
National title in 2012 would set up USC as power player in four-team era
Updated: June 25, 2012, 3:33 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- This week or not long after, USC president Max Nikias and his fellow members of the BCS presidential oversight committee will most likely approve a seeded four-team playoff model, replacing the current BCS system. If the vote goes positive from the 12-man committee in Washington on Tuesday, history will be made at the highest level of college football competition, and the ramifications will filter down through the hallways of Heritage Hall and the new John McKay Center.Naturally, anything could happen when the BCS POC gets together, but the overall impression after the BCS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick recommended a seeded four-team playoff model was that it would likely be approved.[+] EnlargeMatt Cashore/US PresswireLane Kiffin can set the Trojans up for a Pete Carroll-like era if USC meets expectations this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Ex-girlfriend: Pistorius had gun 'all the time'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Junior-Sized Tailgater Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com