Marqise Lee a throwback
WR's excellence in track and field harkens back to two-sport stars of past
Updated: June 1, 2012, 12:38 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- In this age of specialization, there aren't as many great multi-sport collegiate athletes as there were in the past. However, with the success of USC sophomore wide receiver Marqise Lee in this season's NCAA Track and Field Championships, we are reminded such Cardinal and Gold athletes still exist in 2012. Lee, who had a personal-best long jump of 25 feet, 5.50 inches to advance in the NCAA Championships, isn't the only football-track athlete to have shined on coach Ron Allice's Trojans track and field squad this season.All-Pac-12 corner Nickell Robey also flexed his track-and-field muscles at the contentious USC-UCLA meet, finishing second in the long jump with a leap of 23-11.5.[+] EnlargeKelvin Kuo/US PresswireJunior Nickell Robey is one of four current Trojans that excel in football and track and field.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com