Back to the big time
The buzz for 2012 is reminiscent of when USC was the toast of Los Angeles
Updated: May 25, 2012, 12:09 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
LOS ANGELES -- During the height of the Pete Carroll era, there was so much energy, enthusiasm, and attention paid the USC Trojans, it's almost as if the Men of Troy had become the college version of "America's team." With unprecedented regular sellouts in the mammoth Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Hollywood celebs like Henry Winkler, Will Ferrell and Snoop Dog on the sidelines, and a fan base that seemed to stretch beyond the city limits of L.A. to the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, the Trojans reached a popularity level that seemed to extend well into the stratosphere.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Gibbs beats buzzer as Seton Hall stuns Nova
- Redskins sign Hatcher away from Cowboys
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Source: Pats talking with banned CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Cardinal Performance T-Shirt