What's in a number?
USC's policy in retiring numbers needs some alteration
Updated: May 15, 2012, 8:59 AM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
- LOS ANGELES -- Like the sculptured heads that reside atop Mount Rushmore, they are adorned on the steps of the peristyle end of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for all to see each and every USC home game. They are the cardinal and gold version of the famous American landmark in Keystone, S.D., which features United States presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com