All eyes on Dawson
After uneven first start, true freshman MLB faces big test in Washington
Updated: November 10, 2011, 11:00 AM ETBy Kyle Williams | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- After getting his first start last week against a struggling Colorado team, USC freshman middle linebacker Lamar Dawson is going to have to prove he's the man for the job against Washington's ground-and-pound running game.After looking over the film, Dawson didn't have his best game as a Trojan last week against the Buffaloes. He found himself off position at times, missing assignments and tackles. Colorado's running back Rodney Stewart, who at 5-foot-6 and 175 pounds is one of the smaller backs the Trojans have faced this season, slipped out of more than one of Dawson's tackles, gaining big yards and keeping the Colorado offense on the field.[+] EnlargeRic Tapia/Icon SMITrue freshman middle linebacker Lamar Dawson will have to improve his play against Washington and junior running back Chris Polk.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Alvarez dispatches Angulo with TKO in 10th
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Washington Huskies Junior-Sized Tailgater Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com