Stanford wins good for USC
Trojans should root for Cardinal to boost Pac-12 profile for the future
Updated: November 8, 2011, 11:11 AM ETBy Jeremy Hogue | We Are SC
- While USC's fate is certain -- three games, then home for the holidays -- the college football universe is still unsettled as far as crowning its conference and national champions is concerned. And while Trojans fans might think it's irrelevant to USC, I would argue that what happens from here until January matters greatly for the Pac-12 and future Trojans teams.I am predicting right now that, aside from Boise State, there will not be two undefeated teams left on Dec. 4. What happens if the following teams all have one loss at that time: LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Stanford, Oregon, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and either Clemson or Virginia Tech? And Penn State and Cincinnati are possible additions to that list. Certainly, LSU, Oklahoma State and Stanford have a chance to finish undefeated, but I'm predicting that no more than one of them will. Then what? And what happens if they all fall at least once?[+] EnlargeCary Edmondson/US PresswireUSC fans need to suck it up and cheer for Stanford to win out, as it could have positive ramifications for future Trojans teams.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Garcia, again bitten by Blue Monster, takes 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Bound Ice Quarter-Zip Black Pullover
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com