Looking at the Notre Dame defense
The Fighting Irish D isn't spectacular, but it has steadily improved
Updated: October 18, 2011, 12:37 PM ETBy Kyle Williams | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- There seems to be a recurring theme each week in which the Trojans offense faces a defense that is better than the one before. This week against Notre Dame, USC's offense will be going head-to-head with one of the more complete defenses it will face this season. The first two games for the Fighting Irish defense might be a little misleading. The defense gave up 23 points to USF and 35 points to Michigan. Since that time, the Irish D has tightened things up, giving up only 17 points per game during Notre Dame's four-game winning streak.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com