USC dominates both lines in victory
Trojans defense disrupts veteran Cal line while offense exerted its will
Updated: October 15, 2011, 4:57 PM ETBy Kyle Williams | We Are SC
- SAN FRANCISCO -- USC added to its win streak against the California Golden Bears on Thursday, making it eight in a row with a 30-9 victory. With the game being Cal's homecoming, the Trojans defense made itself at home, holding the Cal offense scoreless for three quarters, racking up five turnovers and giving their struggling offense great field position throughout the night. USC's average starting point was its own 43-yard line.Barkley to Woods[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Marcio Jose SanchezRobert Woods was kept in check for the first time all season, but there were plays for the taking.
Two weeks ago versus Arizona, Matt Barkley broke the USC single-game passing record while Robert Woods was just yards away from breaking USC's single-game receiving record. It was a different story against Cal. Barkley connected with Woods five times for only 36 yards. The big yards were there for the taking, though. Barkley threw a few balls just out of Woods' reach. For most of the night, it looked like the two were a step behind or ahead of each other.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- In progress: Tiger climbing Doral leaderboard
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Rookie apologizes after Poulter's Twitter rant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com