Midseason inventory checklist
The Trojans are where they expected to be, but can they move forward?
Updated: October 7, 2011, 11:50 AM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
LOS ANGELES -- As the USC Trojans begin preparation for next Thursday's Pac-12 game at Cal, which marks the halfway point of the season, it's appropriate to provide some sense of understanding as to where the Men of Troy are, and where they are going. With a 4-1 record, these Trojans are where most folks thought they'd be. Lane Kiffin's club opened the season with an expected 3-0 record, faltered at Arizona State but rebounded with a wild win against Arizona.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans White #9 Football Game Jersey