Sun Devil Stadium brings heat
Atmosphere leading into Saturday's game reminiscent of the Frank Kush days
Updated: September 22, 2011, 11:20 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
Tempe. It rests in serenity during the scorching Arizona daytime, but it has been known in the past to awaken with impassioned desert fury in the evening. It resides between two mountain buttes, literally carved from the desert and located between the Tempe flat-topped hills -- the backdrop for some of college football's most intense moments.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil's Knicks deal to be done Friday
- Hall: No 'fisticuffs' on horizon with Sherman
- Source: After wait, Raji agrees with Packers
- Bengals extend Lewis' contract through '15
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo