Barkley, Kiffin in concert
Second year together seems to have star QB, coach in sync with one another
Updated: September 21, 2011, 1:42 PM ETBy Jeremy Hogue | We Are SC
LOS ANGELES -- Lane Kiffin has his critics. Matt Barkley has his detractors as well. But when a coach and a quarterback find a groove, as Kiffin and Barkley seemed to Saturday, you simply wonder whether it's a sign of things to come. To be sure, Kiffin has some games better than others as a play caller, and Barkley reminds us every now and then that he was once coached by Jeremy Bates. But on Saturday, against the Syracuse Orange, with USC's offensive line unable to provide run blocking or a lot of time in the pocket, Kiffin and Barkley showed their stuff.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt