Syracuse passing attack a stern test
Trojans looking for starters at cornerback and left guard against the Orange
Updated: September 15, 2011, 12:23 PM ETBy Kyle Williams | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- Heading into Saturday's game with visiting Syracuse after last week's less-than-stellar performance against Utah, USC's secondary looks to be the big question mark. Fittingly, Syracuse and pass-happy quarterback Ryan Nassib come to town. Through two games, Nassib has completed 75 percent of his passes for almost 500 yards and six touchdowns, with one interception. The 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior also is among Syracuse's career top 10 for passing yards, touchdown passes and completions.Nassib has two good-looking receivers to throw to: Alec Lemon and Van Chew. The 6-2, 202-pound Lemon is ranked ninth in the nation for yards per reception with an average of 18.6 yards per catch. Chew has 12 receptions and is averaging 16.2 yards per reception.[+] EnlargeJoe Andras/WeAreSC.comTorin Harris has made big plays late for the Trojans, but his play in the rest of the game has put his job in jeopardy.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Alvarez dispatches Angulo with TKO in 10th
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Syracuse Orange Hail Mary Youth Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com