Syracuse's return evokes flashbacks
The Orange might have changed their name, but the memories remain unaltered
Updated: September 16, 2011, 5:10 AM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
The last time I saw the Syracuse Orange visit the Coliseum was in 1967, when they were known as the Syracuse Orangemen. In those days, SU was going through an assembly line of running backs that rivaled even John McKay's conveyor belt of tailbacks. It was my senior year at old Alhambra High School. Syracuse was playing UCLA, and I was there at the Coliseum with my father and classmate Tim Caropino, who was being recruited by the Bruins as a fullback.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo