Confusing win oddly satisfying
It even took the official scorers a couple of hours to sort through Saturday's events
Updated: September 11, 2011, 4:42 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
Exhilarating. Frustrating. Confusing. Encouraging. Maybe Yogi Berra knew what he was talking about when he said, "It ain't over till it's over." As most of the 73,821 in attendance had left the Coliseum thinking the Trojans had won a 17-14 heart-stopper, word came two hours later that the Men of Troy actually had won 23-14. That must have made for an awkward situation for Las Vegas gamblers and casinos alike.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Louisville takes first AAC final, tops UConn
- UCLA upsets No. 4 Arizona in Pac-12 final
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey