Providing southern comfort
New WR coach Tee Martin traversing the Southeast to sell the USC name
Updated: May 5, 2012, 2:45 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | WeAreSC
Every USC coach knows how important it is to win the recruiting war in the state of California. While losing the occasional in-state talent won't derail the Trojans, losing control of the region could signal a quick slide down the conference standings. But with Lane Kiffin at the helm, either as head coach or recruiting coordinator, USC hasn't been content to sit home and rely solely on California's best to stock its recruiting classes. The historical reputation USC earned as a national recruiter has been reinforced by Kiffin's staff. And perhaps no area stands out more for USC, and Kiffin especially, than the Southeast.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Coach K says ACC bubble teams are better
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Gerrard, Liverpool maul Man United
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Cardinal Performance T-Shirt