Camp, combine circuit ramping up
USC will keep close eye on several upcoming recruiting events
Updated: March 23, 2012, 12:17 AM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- The spring camp and combine circuit on the West Coast is about to heat up. The final weekend in March features the Los Angeles Nike SPARQ Combine, LA Nike Football Training Camp and LA National Underclassmen Football Combine. But before those hit Los Angeles, the action begins this weekend in Las Vegas, with the Badger Sport Elite 7-on-7.Last year's event featured several players who went on to sign with USC, including wide receiver Darreus Rogers, cornerback Kevon Seymour and offensive lineman Jordan Simmons, who took part in the Lineman Challenge. It was also the event where Houston signee Deontay Greenberry announced his presence at a national level, and class of 2015 wide receiver Trenton Irwin showed that he will be a prospect to watch for the next few years. The final produced a showdown between two teams based in Los Angeles, as B2G Sports edged out the 1925 All-Stars, coached by former USC standouts Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly, in overtime.[+] EnlargeTom Hauck for ESPN.comMission Hills (Calif.) Alemany junior wide receiver Steven Mitchell will be a player to watch as 7-on-7 season gets going in the near future.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com