Bringing it against the best
Stockton, Calif., RB Justin Davis seems to save his best for the biggest situations
Updated: March 5, 2012, 11:33 AM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- After producing Oregon signee Byron Marshall last year, Northern California is again home to the state's premier tailback, as schools across the country will compete for Justin Davis (Stockton, Calif./Lincoln).Davis rushed for 2,599 yards and scored 39 touchdowns last season on his way to being one of just two juniors named to ESPNHS' California All-State Football first-team offense. Most impressively, Davis did much of his damage against the top teams on the schedule, rushing for 195 yards and two touchdowns against Arik Armstead and Elk Grove Pleasant Grove and 264 yards and four scores against Shaq Thompson and Sacramento Grant. He had two games of more than 300 yards on the ground, including a five-touchdown performance, and he finished the year with a 219-yard, three-touchdown game in a playoff loss to Granite Bay.[+] EnlargeCourtesy Stephen K. SinnockJustin Davis' recruiting has taken off recently, with 15 offers from all over the country.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com