Restrictions starting to have impact
NCAA-sanctioned scholarship limits forcing Trojans into tough decisions
Updated: December 16, 2011, 11:23 AM ETBy Garry Paskwietz | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- The upcoming recruiting class is the first to be impacted by the NCAA scholarship restrictions, and it's clear that the USC coaches are going to be forced to make some very tough decisions.
This is a staff that likes to win when it comes to recruiting. They pride themselves on the hustle -- on beating the bushes and doing to their homework to find prospects that can play for the Trojans -- so one of the toughest parts of the reductions is going to be having to pass on certain prospects they believe are good enough to play for their team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Junior-Sized Tailgater Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com