From John McKay to Pete Carroll, USC baby boomers have seen a lot
Updated: February 28, 2013, 8:45 AM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC
The Pete Carroll era really spoiled USC fans by winning national championships, claiming Pac-12 titles and accumulating No. 1 rankings. All-Americans came flying off the cardinal-and-gold conveyor belt like soft drink cans at a bottling plant. For a generation of baby boomers, the Carroll era finally brought back cherished memories of the John McKay and John Robinson teams of their youth. It was cardinal-and-gold football Camelot, a time when a world gone crazy was superseded by college football at its finest.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football