From John McKay to Pete Carroll, USC baby boomers have seen a lot
Updated: February 28, 2013, 8:45 AM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC
- The Pete Carroll era really spoiled USC fans by winning national championships, claiming Pac-12 titles and accumulating No. 1 rankings. All-Americans came flying off the cardinal-and-gold conveyor belt like soft drink cans at a bottling plant. For a generation of baby boomers, the Carroll era finally brought back cherished memories of the John McKay and John Robinson teams of their youth. It was cardinal-and-gold football Camelot, a time when a world gone crazy was superseded by college football at its finest.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Coaches Performance Polo
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com